Friday, April 6, 2018

Karley's Birth Story - Part 2:

I forgot to put this on the last post...Bradley gave me this necklace right after Karley was born.


(That's Karley's birth stone)

~~~~~~~~~

That first night was pretty good.
We were all super tired, but slept pretty good.
The day nurse we had was so, so sweet and we just loved her!
I was able to get up and take a shower, which was kinda hard, to be perfectly honest, but felt great at the same time!





My mom came back over and brought us a couple things we needed. 

Bradley's mom and sisters came over. 
Ashlee and Rina got to meet Karley for the first time.


Bradley's Uncle, Aunt, and one of his cousins came to visit for a few minutes.
My Aunt and Cousin and her kids came over to see us.


In the evening, Uncle Shane and Aunt Rina came back over with the kids. I think Ashlee was holding Karley when they got there...I didn't even see Rina or the kids. They knocked on the door, and before I knew it, Shane had dashed in, got the baby and was sitting over on the couch! It was so sweet!




My siblings were having hard time not being there, so we FaceTimed with everyone for a little while. 

It was a very full, but very wonderful day!
Karley didn't do quite as well that night...she decided that being held was way better than laying in the bed by herself.
So she spent most of the night sleeping with Daddy.
He was so sweet and determined to let me rest, so he would just bring her over when she needed to eat, and then he would take her back.

~~~~~~~~~

On Wednesday, the doctor came in and said we were good to go, so we basically waited around all morning for discharge papers. Finally after lunch, everything was cleared, and we were able to go! 
Best Dad/Husband award to this guy!
He literally changed every, single diaper while we were in the hospital, and got her dressed to go home.












Finally home and all settled in.
Bradley's sister brought us dinner that evening, and we just enjoyed being home, finally a family of 3!

~~~~~~~~~

We couldn't be more thankful, and blessed! 
I don't really know how to put into words the feelings and emotions we had, 
because I don't think there are words to fully describe them!
We are so thankful that we had a safe, healthy delivery. 
We are thrilled to have a happy, healthy baby girl! 
And we are forever grateful for all that our families did to help us all along the way...during the pregnancy, during the delivery, and during recovery.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your questions or comments!