Thursday, January 24, 2019

Energy Bites:

I've seen recipes for these all over the place, but for some reason, it took me a while to jump on the band wagon. My sister made them, and loved them, so I decided to try them out. I was still nursing full time, and therefore STARVING full time, and needed some half-decent snacks.
I love these for so many reasons:
-it only takes normal, easy to find ingredients 
-they are crazy fast and easy to make
-they really are relatively good for you
-and holy cow, they definitely do their job in curbing hunger and filling you up! 

I love them, Bradley loves them, and even Karley will gobble them right up! 

I feel like they work the absolute best with old fashioned oats, not quick oats. We also love this with crunchy peanut butter, instead of smooth. So good!!! And mini chocolate chips are my favorite way to go, because you get a little more chocolate in every bite, rather two or three large chunks. One batch makes aproximately 27 balls, depending on the size of the cookie scoop you use. 

I hope you try them out!



2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1 & 1/3 cups peanut butter
4 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup ground flaxseed, optional

Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl with a paddle attachment. Mix until well combined. Form into 1-inch balls with a cookie scoop. Roll gently in your hands to form a nice, firm ball. Place in a single layer on a plate or cookie sheet. Chill for at least 4 hours, or until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your questions or comments!