Friday, January 18, 2019

Grandma Helmick's Pizza Mac'n Cheese Bake:

So, clearly by the title, you can gather that this is NOT a health-food recipe, lol!!! Our adopted grandmother brought it to church one Sunday, and Bradley and Karley LOVED it! He talked about it for days and decided that's what he wanted for our Christmas dinner! As with all of the greatest dishes and good cooks, there was no recipe. But thankfully, she was able to give me pretty clear directions. She didn't make hers gluten-free, so I don't know what hers tastes like, but I was pretty happy with how ours turned out, and Bradley said it was great! I really couldn't wrap my mind around it at first, but I was pleasantly surprised how good it was! A super pumped up, creamy pizza casserole! Definitely not something we would eat all the time, but for every once in a while, it's super fun and very yummy! And absolutely a crowd pleaser with all ages!



1 recipe for Mac'n Cheese (Click Here for the recipe I use)
1 jar of pizza sauce
1 & 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Pepperoni slices

Make a full batch of macaroni and cheese, just like if you were going to serve it. Once your mac'n cheese is completely done, add the pizza sauce and mix well. Pour into a greased 9x13 baking pan. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Top with desired amount of pepperoni slices. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, or until hot through, and cheese is melted. Serve!

Note:
-Of course, if you are not making this gluten-free, you can use a box of macaroni and cheese. I believe they do make some different boxed gluten-free mac'n cheese, but I have never personally tried them, so I don't know what they're like. 
-I haven't tried it yet, but I think it was be so good to add favorite pizza toppings - mushrooms, black olives, etc. I think you could also add some crumbled cooked sausage or ground beef to the pasta mixture. Let me know if you try out any variations!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your questions or comments!