Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks:

I feel like chocolate chip cookies are just a classic.
One of those ultimate comfort foods.

Well, since I have been married, I have made chocolate chips cookies....................
ZERO times. 

Which is crazy, because my family typically has chocolate chip cookies on hand at all times!

And I LOVE them!!!

Chocolate honestly does not always tempt me....but put it in a cookie and I am SOLD!!!!!

And to thoroughly get every bit of enjoyment that you can out of a cookie, it must be dipped in milk. 
I think that's an unwritten law.
At least, I thought it was, until I met Bradley.
And one day, I was hit with a very hard blow.
I learned that there are lots of people out there, who DO NOT dip their cookies in milk.
Like, almost never! 

WHATTTTTT!!!!???!!??!!!!

They are seriously missing out, that's all I can say. 

And I don't even like milk!!!!!
(unless it's chocolate, that is!)

Anyways, these cookie sticks are just perfect on so many levels:

1. They are soft and fluffy on the inside.
2. They are slightly crisp around the edges.
3. They have the perfect amount of chocolate chips
4. They are the PERFECT size for dunking in milk!!!!!!!!!!!
5. They are the perfect texture for dunking in milk!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only 4 ingredients, less than 30 minutes, what do you have to loose!
I hope you try them out, and love them as much as we do!!!!


1 pkg. Gluten-Free Yellow Cake Mix
1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter
2 eggs
2 cups chocolate chips

Melt the butter in a small bowl, and allow to stand for 3-5 minutes.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and butter until well combined.
Add cake mix (just the dry ingredients), and mix well.
Stir in chocolate chips.

Generously coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Pour the batter into the pan, and press out evenly (honestly, it's easier to use your hands here).

Bake at 350 degrees F, for 20-23 minutes, or until lightly golden brown, and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (don't over-bake).
Cover dish with a clean dish towel, and cool completely.
Cut into sticks and serve!!

Note:
-You can use a regular cake mix, if you don't want these to be gluten-free.
-Use any kind of cake and chips you want...I can't wait to try it with peanut butter chips and a chocolate cake mix!!!
-Here are my favorite gluten-free cake mixes



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your questions or comments!