Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Taco Pizza

If you followed my other blog, then you know I have a ginormous love for taco anything! I just love them! Plus, I love just about any kind of pizza just about as much as tacos! 
I had, however, never had a Taco Pizza before. So I was pretty excited to try this one. 
And it is soooooo good!! 
Bradley and I both absolutely LOVED it!!!!!!! 
Again, I have never had a taco pizza before, so I have nothing to compare this to. It's different and filling and scrumptious and just so good!!!! 
Mmmmm!!! I think I'm gonna have to add this to next week's menu again!
I hope you try it out! 
Let me know if you enjoy it!!!



Pizza Crust:
1 & 1/2 cups Gluten-Free Flour mixture
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
3/4 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

1 Cup warm water
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar

1 egg
1 tablespoon canola or olive oil

In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients; set aside. In a large glass or bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Allow to grow. In a large bowl, beat egg and oil. Add yeast mixture. Stir in dry ingredients until smooth (this is a batter, not a dough!!). Pour onto greased pizza pan. Allow to rise for 5 minutes. Spread batter evenly over entire pan. Bake at 425 degrees F for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. 

Topping:
1 large chicken breast, cooked and shredded
1 package taco seasoning
1 (16 oz) can refried beans
1/2 cup salsa
3/4 cup sliced black olives
1/4 cup diced onions
1 cup shredded cheese
1 cup finely diced tomato
1 head of romaine lettuce, shredded
1/4 cup sour cream

If your chicken is cold, heat it in the microwave or a skillet until its hot. Add the taco seasoning, and just keep mixing until all the taco seasoning is stuck to the chicken; set aside.
In a small bowl, mix together the refried beans and the salsa. Spread evenly over the baked pizza crust.
Sprinkle the chicken evenly over the bean mixture. Top with the black olives, onions and cheese.
Bake at 425 degrees F for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until hot through and cheese is melted.
Meanwhile, gently mix tomato, lettuce and sour cream together. Once you remove the pizza from the oven, top with lettuce mixture.
Slice, Serve, and Enjoy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your questions or comments!