Monday, February 6, 2017

{Cinnamon-Sugar White Chocolate Pretzels}

I am a huge lover of all things finger-food and snacky (is that a word?)!
I totally order my entree from the appetizer menu more times than not! I love making snacks and having snacks and eating snacks....and just all things snacks!!!
So I was really excited to try these out. I'm not normally a fan of white chocolate, but I love pretzels and I love cinnamon/sugar toast. So I thought hey, why not give it a try!
And I'm so glad I did!
Bradley and I seriously could have eaten the entire batch by our selves in one night!
They are so yummy!!
I used a mixture of pretzels sticks and twists, which I loved the look of, and they tasted super yummy, but the white chocolate didn't stick to the sticks very well. It kind fell off over time. So the twists are definitely better!
Perfect for any holiday, any season, any reason!! Hope you enjoy it!!




1 (16-18 oz.) bag pretzels (approximately 2.5 quarts)
1/2 cup + 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/3 cup sugar
1 & 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup cinnamon/sugar mixture for sprinkling
2 cups white chocolate chips
2 tablespoons shortening

Place pretzels in a microwave safe dish. 
In a small bowl, whisk together oil, 1/3 cup sugar, and cinnamon. 
Pour over pretzels and gently mix until evenly coated.
Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir, and heat for 45 seconds more.
Spread the pretzels out evenly over two large sheets of parchment or wax paper.
Immediately sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture.
Let cool.
Combine chocolate chips and shortening in a small saucepan. 
Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.
You can drizzle the chocolate with a fork, if you like, but I prefer to use a bag, to get a more even drizzle. I place a zip-lock bag in a cup, with the edges of the bag folded over the cup. Pour the chocolate into the bag, and gently squish it all into one bottom corner. Gently twist the top of the bag a few times, to keep the chocolate from squeezing out. Snip a very small piece off the corner of the bag, and drizzle the chocolate all over the pretzels.
Let stand until completely cool and chocolate is set.
Store in an airtight container.
Enjoy!!!

Note:
-You can buy a bottle of cinnamon sugar, or you can simply make your own by combining 1/2 cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your questions or comments!