Monday, November 19, 2018

Banana Cream Cake & Frosting:

If you saw my post about Karley's Birthday Party, I mentioned that we had Banana Cream Cake.
It was so delicious, I think everyone (even Karley) enjoyed it! 
I even had a few people tell me that they don't like banana's or banana flavored things at all, but they totally enjoyed these!
To be honesty, I experimented with the recipe and took it to church one Sunday, to know whether I wanted to have them for the party or not.
And the preacher basically asked for the recipe from the pulpit! I was so embarrassed, but really flattered at the same time, I guess!!😂😂😂

So I'm very excited to be sharing the recipe!
I didn't come up with it, but I did tweak it, so I'm sharing my version. I've made it in cupcakes and a 9x13 cake pan, and both turned out great.
My very favorite gluten-free white cake mix, is from the Aldi grocery store.

Hope you enjoy!



Cake:
1 Box Gluten-Free White cake mix + ingredients listed 
(for best results, use milk in place of the water called for. 
And butter in place of the oil called for. 
And use one less egg than what the mix calls for)
2 ripe bananas
1 (3.5 oz) box instant Banana Cream Pudding mix

Frosting:
4 ounces Cream Cheese, room temperature
1 cup milk
1 (3.5 oz) box instant Banana Cream Pudding mix
1/3 cup powder sugar
1 (8 ounce) tub Cool Whip, thawed

Preheat your oven and prepare your pan, 
according to the cake mix directions.
Place all the cake ingredients, plus pudding mix and bananas in a large mixing bowl, and beat on low speed for 30 seconds to combine. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.
Pour into prepared pan. Bake according to package directions, until light golden brown, and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven to cool completely before frosting.

Prepare the frosting by placing the cream cheese in a mixing bowl, and beating until smooth.
Add milk, pudding mix and powder sugar, and mix until smooth and creamy. Gently stir in Cool Whip until well combined.
Frost your cake or cupcakes as desired.
Chill for at least 2 hours for frosting to set.
Share and Enjoy!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your questions or comments!