Monday, January 30, 2017

Jalapeno Popper Casserole

So, I have never actually eaten a jalapeno popper.

But after tasting this casserole, I just know that a jalapeno popper and I would be the best of friends!

I was excited about this casserole because it had jalapenos and tater tots, which I love.
But not really sure about it at the same time, because it had cream cheese in it, which I do not love.

Bradley is the one that found the recipe, and I knew he would love it, so I just dove right in, and gave it try.

So, the verdict is:
SUPER YUMMY!!!!!!! 10 out 10!!!!

I actually loved it! It was so different from your average casserole, and just so creamy, with slightly crispy tater tots, and surprise chunks of chicken, pops of heat from the peppers, and all wrapped up in cheesy goodness!

 I think Bradley liked it pretty well too.

He eat it for dinner that night.

As well as for Breakfast the next morning.

And finished it off for "dessert" that night.

Then asked for it for his birthday.

He also said that in the meantime, I could make it again next week.

So I think he thought it was okay!!!

It does have a little bit of heat, but that can be easily adjusted by how many peppers you put in. 
If you want more heat, add more peppers. Less heat? Less peppers.

I hope you try it out!!



1 (2 lb.) package frozen tater tots
1 (8 oz.) block cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, mexican blend...whatever you want)
1/2 of a large onion, diced
5 tablespoons diced jalapeno peppers (from the jar)
7 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 large chicken breasts, cooked and diced or shredded

Place tater tots in a 9x13-inch baking dish. They probably won't all lay flat, and that's fine.
Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a large bowl, use a hand mixer and blend together the cream cheese and sour cream.
Add garlic powder, pepper, 1 cup cheese, half of the onions, 4 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, and most of the bacon (reserve some for topping). Mix well, using a spatula.

Sprinkle the chicken across the hot tater tots.
Very carefully, place dollops of the cream cheese mixture across the tater tots and chicken.
Using a knife or offset spatula, gently spread the mixture out as evenly as you can.

Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
Top with a remaining onions, 1 tablespoon of jalapeno peppers, and the remaining bacon.

Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Enjoy!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your questions or comments!