Thursday, August 24, 2017

Solar Eclipse 2017


We were in the path of totality for the Solar Eclipse on Monday, and I'm pretty sure our backyard was the absolute best place to see it! It was absolutely perfect! 
The weather was perfect, and the view could not have been better!
My aunt and cousin, and her two kids came to spend the day and watch the eclipse, and we had such a great time!!

I wasn't really sure what to expect, because I had only heard things here and there, and had not really done any research. But it turned out to be a very, very awesome thing to see!
It was just so very cool, and so much fun!!! 
I know there are very scientific reasons why this happens every so often, and all of that. I am SO NOT a scientific person, and get so confused about all of that! 
But I do know that ultimately God is the one who designed it and created the moon to do that, and I just think that it's an amazing thing!

I wasn't able to get any pictures of the actual Eclipse, but if you didn't get to see it, it seriously looks exactly like all the pictures you see on-line or on TV.
But as it got darker, there were no sounds of birds or anything. The crickets were going just like it was 9pm. And the temperature dropped several degrees - I don't know how many, but there was a significant temperature change. 

It was just a super cool thing, that I am thankful I got to experience it!

Thanks so much for coming and sharing the day with us, Aunt Bonnie and Amber!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your questions or comments!