Friday, August 25, 2017

Hello, Third Trimester!!!!!!!

I am SO, SO, SO thankful, and SO excited to finally be in the third trimester!!! 
I thought it would never come!! 
I know most people say that when you look back on things, you realize how fast time has actually gone by...and I would agree with that, most of the time. 
Just not now! 
I feel like this summer has gone by at a relatively slow speed. So yes, I am the person wishing away your summer, 
I'm (sorta) sorry! 



Some people told me that the first trimester would be hard, the second fairly easy, and then the third could get hard again. So far, I feel about the same as I did toward the end of my first trimester, and all the way through the second trimester. Hopefully that continues...as in doesn't get any worse. I still have bad days and good days, and there is no rhyme or reason to them whatsoever, but I'm just glad that I have a few good hours, at least, here and there!

Trying to make a bigger effort to eat more protein and vegetables. My glucose test came by clear, so I am SUPER thankful about that! But I just really never got a chance to eat very healthy at all during this pregnancy, and that is something I really wanted to do. I had high hopes of getting to the second trimester and being able to eat healthy and exercise often. 
Having low or no expectations sometimes, 
is probably a good thing! 
So, I never got to that point, but I still want to do whatever I can, to be as healthy as I can be, and to help the baby in every way possible. 
So I know that never eating a piece of bread or bowl of noodles, and walking a mile every day, are unreal goals for me to set at this point, because I know I will not be able to do that, and will leave me feeling like a complete failure. 
So, more protein, more vegetables whenever and however I can get them in, is my simple goal. 
Some days this is meat. Some days this is eggs. Peanut Butter, if I can possibly stand it. Some days it's a nice salad. Other days it's something sauteed or raw. 
Whatever I can get in, is better than absolutely nothing, so that's my goal! 
And drinking as much as I possibly can. I know that I will be throwing up at the end of the day, if I try to down 8 cups of straight water. Wish it wasn't like that, but it is. 
But I can down half a gallon of green tea with no problems whatsoever! So I'm trying to vary...one cup of water, one cup of green tea, one cup of lemon water, and back through the pattern. For the moment, this seems to be working fairly well. 
Still not usually wanting sugary desserts/foods very often, and little to no fruit. 

My one current favorite thing this week is yogurt with granola, at night when I have to take a bunch of medicine.
That's kinda healthy, right?! So I hope that lasts!!!

Anyways, that's where we're at right now! Trying to do what I can do, and trying not to worry about the rest! 

Every little thing just makes it more surreal and makes us more and more excited!
We enrolled in a ChildBirth Education Class at the hospital, so we just started that this week. 

Bradley started painting the baby's room last week. 

We have already been given so many little baby things, and I have had a blast going through things! 

(And the last picture from the Second Trimester)




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your questions or comments!