Sunday, September 17, 2017

What?!?! One year already?


Happy First Anniversary, Babe!!!

..........

I can't believe Bradley and I are already celebrating our first anniversary today!

It's so strange...at times it seems like we just met for the first time yesterday. 
On the other hand, it sometimes feels like we've always been together! 

Married life is wonderful! 
I had wanted to do a really great post for our anniversary....something romantic or inspiring or something. 

Something really great. 

But nothing ever came to me. 

I should re-phrase that!
It's not because its not romantic or inspiring to be married! 
I just don't know how to put a years worth of loving and learning and living into a post that would make any amount of sense whatsoever! I sort of feeling like we're still too new at this life to talk about it yet!!

People always talk about how the first year or even two or five years of marriage are sooooo hard.
And I'm sure for lots of various reasons, for some people those years are hard.

We were talking about it the other day, and really just stopping to think why this hasn't been a hard year for us, in the way that people say.
What did we do or not do, to make this one of the best years either of us has ever had.
 I feel like when we were dating, we treated each other the same way we treat each other now. 
Just with more details, I guess you could say!
There was no after-the-honeymoon-crash or something. 
As far as adjusting to life together, it felt pretty much seamless.

So here is a short list of things that we have learned during this past year. 
I'm sure there's many more, but this is what we have off the top of our heads!

I feel like first off, I should say, that when "they" (whoever they are, and whatever they know), usually refer to the first year being so hard, it's based on opinions, feelings and circumstances, so basically you have to take it with a grain of salt! Circumstances can not dictate your happiness. Feelings can not dictate your happiness. Opinions can not dictate your happiness.
All of those things can play a huge part in how "happy" you feel, but ultimately, happiness is a choice you have to make for your self, every day.

The Top 5 Things We Have Learned In Our First Year:
1. Laughing. With each other, at each other, at yourself, at everything. Our happy marriage is full of laughter.
2. Unrealistic expectations. We didn't go into this placing unrealistic expectations on one another for stupid things. Which in turn, pretty much made everything the other person did, super sweet and so awesome, 
or no big deal.
3. Talking. We always have and still talk about everything. Like, even why there are eggs in the bowl of grapes in the fridge. 
4. Blessings. It quite frankly takes very little to amuse us or make us excited! But we figured out that maybe that was a good thing, because when bigger things and blessings come along, we're SUPER excited!
5. No kissing while one person is eating pretzel sticks


(Still waiting on the "first fight" so I can't give you any juicy details about that!)

So, I don't know if all of those things are why we escaped our first year together with not a lot of grief or not, but we figure they must have helped!

Ultimately, we've had an amazing year, and we can't help but be extremely grateful and feel so very blessed, for the way the Lord has taken care of us, watched over us, and provided for us!!!

I was working at sharing our wedding pictures on here in an organized manner. 
That was back in January. 
Oops!! 

So in honor of our first anniversary, I will share those pictures with you over the next couple of days! 
I hope you enjoy them! 

Until then, here's a little sneak peak!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your questions or comments!